The Sustainable Forestry Initiative® program has been working to make a positive difference in Georgia forests since 1995.
The SFI® program in Georgia works behind the scenes supporting responsible forestry, wood procurement and harvesting in Georgia. Collectively, SFI Inc. and SFI Program participants:
- Have helped train thousands of loggers and foresters;
- Provided forestry information and support to family forest owners;
- Applied SFI principles on millions of acres of SFI Program participant lands in Georgia;
- Used responsible wood procurement practices that conform to the SFI Standard; and,
- Provided assurance to customers and consumers that the forest and paper products they purchase are from sustainably managed forests.